ACCOUNT MANAGER, SEO & DIGITAL STRATEGY
Boston, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Various
Acceleration Partners seeks an experienced Account Manager to serve as the point person on client projects, working directly with clients in a typical consulting model as both project and delivery manager in our Digital Marketing Practice. The Account Manager will be responsible for both strategic account direction and tactical execution, and will manage some client engagements independently while working in a support role on others.
The Account Manager is a work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and a key differentiator). However, strong preference will be given to candidates in one of our key regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia and Chicago. Some travel is required, for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Account Performance and Strategy – Responsible for ensuring superior account performance, executing innovative SEO strategies effectively and delivered by or in advance of deadlines. Develop and execute effective strategies and tactical plans for achieving client goals.
- Client Deliverable Production Including Reporting & Analysis – Develop client deliverables including competitor & keyword research, SEO writing, regular reporting & data analysis to find opportunities and identify issues. Develop strategic program plans and to present resulting data-driven insights and recommendations to clients.
- Client Engagement Management and Retention – Accountable for successful client engagement and retention achieved by offering superior client communication, and proactive client service. Serve as a regular point of contact for clients’ strategic and account questions, lead weekly client calls, and manage resulting follow-up questions and communications. Manage challenging client situations with guidance from Senior Account Manager. Develop, nurture and maintain high client satisfaction and retention rates.
- Subject Matter Expertise – Serve as a subject matter expert within the SEO practice. Stay abreast of relevant industry trends and new opportunities. Exhibit continuous learning, via self-discovery, proactive industry event participation, regular reading, etc.
- Practice & Team Support – Serve as a contributing member of the SEO & Digital Strategy practice, bringing new ideas to the team, supporting team operations, and proactively offering and seeking support or guidance from colleagues where it adds value.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
By 6 months… the Account Manager will independently, successfully, and confidently be managing client engagements, achieving client goals and delivering a high level of client service. They will be creating and presenting top-notch client deliverables with minimal managerial editing or proofreading required, and actively contributing to the SEO & Digital Strategy team.
By 1 year… the Account Manager will be able to manage any level of client engagement, independently handling 95% of day-to-day client issues. They will regularly be bringing successful new ideas to client engagements and meeting 95% of mutually agreed upon client goals. They will achieve average client Net Promoter scores of 8+.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 3+ years of client service experience
- 2+ years of SEO experience, including both strategy development and tactical execution
- Are an individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Flourish when working on projects that require strategic thinking
- Have the desire to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Incorporate both analytical skills and creative thinking into every task
- Enjoy being self-directed and working without constant oversight or micromanagement
- Have a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Have a strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well, with no room for errors
- Only provide superior results for your clients and unsurpassed customer service
- Are highly engaged in your work, and can keep others engaged as well
- Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
- Are incredibly attentive to detail
- Are capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once, and prioritizing your time with competing objectives
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills
- Can effectively present facts, persuade non-believers and create a call to action
- Can keep deadlines and commitments and are accountable to your work
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment
- Have confidence and poise in client meetings and interacting with senior level managers
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy bringing order to chaos
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in online marketing or strategy roles
- 2+ years of experience directing and executing on-page SEO strategies
- At least 1 year of experience directly managing client engagements & relationships
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics – including both finding and analyzing data
- Experience using both Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel in a professional capacity, and creating client-ready PowerPoint decks
- Ability to understand new industries quickly
- Experience with user experience a plus