Why Acceleration Partners?
We believe that a great work experience comes from a shared vision, challenging work, autonomy, accountability, and an unwavering commitment to finding like-minded colleagues that share our core values. We believe high-quality work and a high-quality lifestyle are not mutually exclusive. We work very hard, but we are equally passionate about the hours we spend away from work with friends and family and pursuing our passions.
Acceleration Partners seeks an experienced Senior Account Manager to autonomously lead and supervise a team managing client accounts in our affiliate marketing practice.
Top 5 Job Responsibilities:
- Client Service and Communication – Serve as a regular point of contact for clients’ strategic and account questions, lead weekly client calls, send account reporting and manage resulting follow-up questions and communications. Manage challenging client situations with little participation from Associate Director. Provide superior client service, develop and nurture excellent client relationships. Maintain very high client satisfaction and retention rates with a Net Promoter score of 8+.
- Account Strategy – Oversee successful client programs by developing effective strategies and tactical plans for achieving client goals. Proactively offering new and innovation ideas to the overall program strategy.
- Strategy Execution – Execute effective affiliate recruitment, activation and optimization strategies. Act on relevant publisher development opportunities presented by publisher development team, and approve and activate relevant new publishers in client programs. Perform general account management and monitor for fraud and affiliate compliance.
- Reporting and Analysis – Provide clients with regular reporting, analyze data to find opportunities and identify issues. Develop strategic program plans and present resulting data-driven insights and recommendations to clients.
- Lead, Manage, and Hold Your Team Accountable – Manage and lead team member, supervise account activities, manage workloads and delegate projects accordingly. Deliver management coaching to staff in order to elevate and grow team capability, motivating A players and managing out poor performers.
What Success Looks Like:
By 6 Months… the Senior Manager has developed excellent team relationships, established themselves as a team leader, and built strong relationships with key client contacts. Senior Manager is handling a majority of challenging client situations with little guidance from Associate Director. Client data is regularly being analyzed and used strategically. Client accounts are being handled effectively and strategically, without dropping any balls, and clients are aware of and pleased with this outcome. Clients are being serviced profitably with target bill rates being met, and client Net Promoter Scores are 8+. Senior Manager is successfully managing one Associate or Senior Associate (assuming the opportunity is available).
By 1 Year… the Senior Manager is taking full accountability for the performance and success of their clients. Account efficiency has been maximized, and excellent strategic plans and communication is in place on all accounts, and recognized as a key to client success. Clients are being serviced profitably, all deliverables are A caliber, and Net Promoter Scores remain consistent at 8+.
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate:
- Has the ability to lead a team with enthusiasm and expertise
- Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well, with no room for errors
- Only provides superior results for clients and unsurpassed customer service
- Recognizes the importance of being engaged in their work and keeping clients engaged as well
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on their own
- Emphasizes incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Knows how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in client meetings and difficult situations
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill
- Works independently comfortably, and with minimal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- 5-10 years of client service/account management experience with leading brand names or high profile accounts, agency experience a plus
- Online marketing, e-commerce, or affiliate marketing experience strongly preferred
- Direct affiliate marketing experience (in-house, agency, network) required
- Knowledge of Affiliate Networks (ShareASale, Commission Junction, etc.) required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Professional and polished, no coaching needed
- Advanced Excel capabilities and comfortable with formatting, formulas, customizing reports, etc.
- Previous experience managing and motivating direct reports
- Working knowledge of HTML, a plus
- Work from home and corporate office experience, a plus
The Senior Account Manager is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). However, strong preference will be given to candidates that reside near one of our key hub regions: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Santa Barbara/Los Angeles. Some travel is required, for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.