ACCOUNT DIRECTOR, GLOBAL PERFORMANCE MARKETING
LOCATION: The Greater London region is highly preferred, but another major European city will also be considered.
THE ROLE: Major brands are looking to take complex performance marketing programs global, creating a significant opportunity for strategic leadership and innovative execution. As a result, Acceleration Partners (AP) is seeking a Global Performance Marketing Account Director to oversee affiliate marketing programs and to play a key role in our overall go-forward global strategy, which may include additional digital marketing channels. The core of the role is to serve as a client service leader and to work with our largely US-based client services team to ensure that our international expansion holds up our high standards of client service and performance. This will require excellent client service skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, a high level of strategic thinking, and a capability (and willingness) to get into the weeds of client program. It will also require the ability to comfortably present to and work with C-level client contacts, and strong account management. The Account Director has a “whatever it takes” attitude to meeting and exceeding clients’ needs and will maintain Acceleration Partners’ high standards and reputation for strategic vision and excellence. With success, as our global business expands, significant additional opportunities for growth will exist for a successful candidate. The ideal candidate would be based in London and would have the ability to work from home and/or from a shared office space. Significant international travel may be required.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead strategic and tactical client delivery for non-US global affiliate program management helping to build scalable and replicable systems and processes.
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable contractors and/or full-time account delivery team in support of client delivery requirements. This may include recruiting localized contractors to support account needs.
- Establish relationships and referral agreements as required over time with local affiliate networks, SaaS providers and agencies in other high value target counties (Australia, China, South America, Japan, India)
- Support sales efforts for non-US originated business through demonstration of capabilities and a track record of success. This may include creating and/or delivering sales presentations and serving as our global expert during sales calls and meetings.
- Work with US-based and growing global team to support AP’s global business expansion. This may include providing strategic insights to AP senior management and researching global expansion opportunities.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
By six months, the Account Director is successfully leading 1-2 active performance marketing programs with a support staff of contractors or other junior level staff. Account Director is actively serving as AP’s EU tactical lead and supporting business development needs as is required. At the end of year one, the Account Director is overseeing a team that manages multiple programs in the core EU markets with a client satisfaction rating of 8.0/10. Year one client retention rate is > 80% and scalable operational processes have been developed.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Demonstrated ability to build scalable, quality oriented teams and processes while maintaining a high level of profit and client satisfaction
- International client service experience required, with business development experience a plus
- Deep experience with different affiliate networks and SaaS platforms
- Experience with other digital marketing channels, including paid search and paid social, a plus
- Fluent in a second language, ideally French, German, and/or Spanish
- Possesses excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Understands what it takes to keep A-level clients engaged and happy
- Knows how to manage and collaborate with distributed team members
- Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- Is self-motivated, resilient, can work well on his/her own, and does not require constant feedback and oversight
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill
- Loves to continually learn and stay ahead of the industry pack
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 4-6 years of experience in digital/online marketing with 2+ years of affiliate specific experience
- 2-4 years of client service or agency side experience with global exposure
- Understanding of and experience managing the strategic and tactical needs of multi-country performance marketing programs in the EU
- Has recruited and managed teams of 3-5 people
- Has demonstrated success and forward progress at all stages of his/her career
- Fluent in English and a secondary European language (German and/or French preferred)
- Holds a valid passport and has ability to travel internationally as required