Greater London area is preferred, but another major European city will also be considered.
Major brands are looking to take complex performance marketing programs global, creating a significant opportunity for strategic leadership and innovative execution. As a result, Acceleration Partners (AP) is seeking a Director of Global Performance Marketing to oversee the development and growth of our overseas affiliate marketing management platform and play a key role in our overall go-forward global strategy, which may include additional digital marketing channels.
The core of the role is to initially build a high quality account team in Europe combined with agency/network partnerships in both Europe and other target global markets to provide an integrated, global account management solution for multinational clients. This strategy will require excellent client service skills, a high level of strategic thinking, and deep experience with hiring and cultivating account management teams, paired with a capability (and willingness) to get into the weeds of client program management during the early stages of our infrastructure build-out. It will also require the ability to comfortably present to and work with C-level client contacts, and strong team management and leadership skills. The Director of Global Performance Marketing has a “whatever it takes” attitude to meeting and exceeding clients’ needs and will maintain Acceleration Partners’ high standards and reputation for strategic vision and excellence.
The ideal candidate would be based in London and would have the ability to work from home and/or from a shared office space. Significant international travel may be required.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit, build and manage a profitable account team across the core EU markets (England, France, and Germany) with local language support.
- Lead strategic and tactical client delivery for non-US global affiliate program management helping to build scalable and replicable systems and processes. Understand that the first few programs will require more tactical, hands on involvement.
- Establish relationships and referral agreements as required over time with local affiliate networks, SaaS providers and agencies in other high value target counties (Australia, China, South America, Japan, India)
- Support sales efforts for non-US originated business through demonstration of capabilities and a track record of success. This may include creating and/or delivering sales presentations and serving as our global expert during sales calls and meetings.
- Oversee the evolution of global capabilities for our AP View™ CRM and reporting system.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
By six months, the Director has built a team of independent contractors or employees that can manage programs in the core EU markets and is overseeing 1-2 active programs with a growing pipeline of account management talent. Discussions have also been started with 2-3 agencies for partnership or support in other regions.
At the end of year one, the Director has built a team that manages multiple programs in the core EU markets with a client satisfaction rating of 8.0/10. Partnerships with 3-5 global networks have been established as well as relationships with 2-3 global agencies.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Demonstrated ability to build scalable, quality oriented teams and processes while maintaining a high level of profit and client satisfaction
- International client service experience required, with business development experience a plus
- Deep experience with different affiliate networks and SaaS platforms
- Experience with other digital marketing channels, including paid search and paid social, a plus
- Fluent in a second language, ideally French, German, or Spanish
- Possesses excellent verbal and written presentation skills and is comfortable presenting to C-Suite
- Understands what it takes to keep A-level clients engaged and happy
- Knows how to manage and collaborate with distributed team members
- Has strong internal motivation to get the job done and done well
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- Is comfortable performing both high-level strategic and business development work, and working “in the weeds” as is necessary for a growing business
- Is self-motivated, resilient, can work well on his/her own, and does not require constant feedback and oversight
- Prioritizes competing objectives and manages time with skill
- Loves to continually learn and stay ahead of the industry pack
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 5-10 years of experience in digital/online marketing with 2+ years of affiliate specific experience
- 3-5 years of client service or agency side experience with global exposure
- Has recruited and managed teams of 5-10 people
- Has demonstrated the ability to recruit A players, coach up B players and remove underperformers from the team
- Has demonstrated success and forward progress at all stages of his/her career
- Possesses a valid passport and has ability to travel internationally as required