The Analyst will evaluate business performance to help develop and update segment, vertical, client and company goals. This person will support analysis needs of Rakuten Marketing’s account teams:
- Review historical performance and recommend activities supporting business strategy.
- Ensure that client team requests and needs are addressed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the achievement of client and Rakuten Marketing revenue goals.
- Proactively identify trends and provide analysis and guidance to team leader and account teams
- Monitor daily performance of overall business, key clients and identify trends. Perform further analysis to understand root cause of trends.
- Identify and analyze underperforming clients to understand and review causes with Account Managers.
- Analyze the performance of various marketing campaigns (promotions, acquisition strategies, merchandising tactics).
- Share key learnings and make recommendations for future campaigns.
- Analyze merchant compensation structures – baseline and private offers and suggest optimization strategies.
- Analyze merchants’ affiliate bases and recommend segmentation strategies. Analyze segment performance over time and provide Account Manager with findings to refine segments.
- Analyze creative performance and provide Account Manager with actionable insights.
- Provide metrics and program analysis for Account Reviews and weekly program Trend Cards.
- Proactively communicate and work closely with team members on growth initiatives leading from analysis
- Present trends and finding at client meetings, webinars and internal team meetings as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
Candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience in direct marketing analytics. Successful candidates may bring experience from an agency, client, or consulting environment. Bachelor’s degree required.
Analytical Skills: Experience with qualitative and quantitative analysis of marketing program results including recommendations for strategic and/or tactical changes.
Success in setting revenue targets and measuring results against forecast and analyzing shortfalls.
Technical Abilities: Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint 2007/2010. Strong experience with Pivot Tables, macros, VBA and SQL desired. Familiarity with Python, R Studio a plus.
Marketing: Experience measuring and analyzing a number of marketing functions including campaign management, channel management, product merchandising, marketing communications, direct response, plan development, creative optimization, and market research. Direct or online marketing experience preferred.
Relationship Management: Experience setting and managing internal customer expectations. On-time delivery of performance goals achieved within budget.
Communication Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience synthesizing data and communicating business recommendations. Ability to interface effectively with Account management teams regarding analysis efforts. Ability to present findings and recommendations in group settings.
Project Management & Organization Skills: Ability to prioritize work, set expectations, and meet deadlines. Ability to multi-task and produce consistent, quality work on time. Creative approach to solve problems. Ability to organize work to avoid duplicate efforts and build efficiencies by leveraging team effort.
About Rakuten Marketing, LLC
About Rakuten Marketing:
With nine offices around the world, our global marketing services span affiliate, search, mobile, lead generation, display and attribution. The recent merger of , MediaForge, Paid Search, DC Storm and Popshops under Rakuten Marketing means we offer the highest level of specialization in our core services combined with an integrated approach to simplify what has become an increasingly complex digital marketing space. In 2014, we launched Cadence, our omnichannel attribution platform that provides a single point of install and cross channel insights to optimize media spend. Our company is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Australia, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and throughout the United States.
Rakuten Group is one of the world's leading internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees and partner staff worldwide.