Who you are…
The Media Analyst will be responsible for the design, execution, and communication of campaign performance analyses for GlobalWide Media’s most important clients.
Job duties include working with sales teams to understand client needs and requirements, gathering and formatting raw data, analyzing data in excel or other tools, and providing client facing summaries and presentations.
The ideal candidate is a strong problem solver who’s adept at explaining technical concepts to business people and marketers. Additionally, the Media Analyst must be a “people person” with a passion for developing strong relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Analyze campaign results and create insightful infographics and data summaries, typically in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Gather and format raw data from various sources (internal interfaces, 3rd parties, databases, etc.)
- Develop testing recommendations and lead all facets of test design, implementation, results analysis and delivery of final results presentation (including ad server audience segmentation, creative testing, etc.)
- Use statistical analyses to determine campaign performance relative to digital benchmarks
- Present results and product solutions directly to clients in order to increase revenue and retain clients
- New business development support, including media planning
- Willingness to occasionally work long hours in order meet a deadline
- Ability to operate autonomously with strong planning, scheduling and problem solving skills
Familiarity and/or experience with:
- Analytic methods, including: Digital advertising performance reporting & analysis, multi-touch attribution, statistical analysis, regression analysis, customer segmentation, machine learning methods, etc.
- Data sources and technologies, such as: Syndicated Consumer (e.g. Simmons, MRI), Syndicated Sales (e.g. IRI, Nielsen), Media Consumption (e.g. N-Power, Arbitron, Comscore), 1st Party (e.g. CRM), 3rd Party (e.g. Blue Kai), and Digital Ad Server (e.g. DART, Atlas, Mediamind)
- Analytic software, including: Excel, RDBMS (e.g. SQL Server), statistics packages (e.g. SPSS, R, etc.), and data visualization (e.g. Tableau)
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree –Technical field preferred (statistics background a plus)
- Client-side experience highly desirable (marketing analyst, business development, consulting or similar)
- Familiarity with, or strong desire to learn about, online marketing and display advertising.
- 1+ years of experience in digital advertising analytics preferred, but candidates with no experience will also be considered.
- Strong MS Office Suite experience (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) – VBA a plus
- Some programming experience helpful (R,SQL)
About GlobalWide Media
Who we are…
Rated as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Los Angeles, GlobalWide Media is a data driven digital marketing leader, providing premium media solutions for the world’s leading brands and agencies.
With offices in Los Angeles, Victoria, London and Hong Kong, GlobalWide Media generates over $3 billion in annual sales by running campaigns for clients in over 100 countries, with delivery partners for these campaigns in 80 countries.
We hire the witty, curious, ambitious and collaborative. If you have a great attitude, enjoy working in a dynamic workplace and want to be part of our award winning team, we would like to hear from you!