Why Acceleration Partners?
We believe that a great work experience comes from a shared vision, challenging work, autonomy, accountability, and an unwavering commitment to finding like-minded colleagues that share our core values. We believe high-quality work and a high-quality lifestyle are not mutually exclusive. We work very hard, but we are equally passionate about the hours we spend away from work with friends and family and pursuing our passions.
The Role and Top 5 Job Responsibilities:
Acceleration Partners seeks an experienced Affiliate Publisher Development Manager. The Publisher Development Manager is responsible for supporting and growing AP managed clients by developing and maintaining relationships with key publishers in order to drive sales. Additionally, we will look to the Publisher Development Manager to ensure that AP is a thought leader around and capitalizing on major trends with affiliate publisher and partner types. The position will report to a member of the company’s Extended Leadership Team and offers salary and benefits that are competitive with growth-stage businesses.
- Ensure that AP is at the forefront of publisher development via smart, strategic publisher identification and recruitment. Research high revenue potential publishers, new and existing, perform outreach and find new opportunities based on the needs of our clients. Identify and work new publisher type opportunities (i.e. YouTube influencers, other large partners who wouldn’t traditionally be considered affiliates.) Consistently meeting or exceeding weekly publisher outreach and phone meeting goals.
- Manage all inbound publisher requests, vetting opportunities, setting up meetings with high potential publishers, the AP Team and/or specific AP Managers.
- Strategize with new and existing publishers to come up with out of the box ideas in order to activate publishers and maximize sales. Join client calls in order to “sell” the opportunity through and meet weekly publisher recruitment and revenue goals.
- Present and sell new opportunities to internal client management teams and give updates on existing opportunities, motivating client managers to maximize opportunities with their clients. Track all opportunities and submit weekly publisher communication and revenue reports in order to show progress toward KPIs.
- Coordinate and participate in key affiliate networking events including ASW, ASE, CJU, LinkShare Symposium, BlogHer and SAS Think Tank.
What success looks like:
By 6 months… the Affiliate Publisher Development Manager has developed strong relationships with the AP team as well as key existing publishers. They have developed or refined methodology to successfully identify and create publisher opportunities and sell them internally and to clients. They have a firm grasp on the recruitment and reporting process along with what is needed for success. They are consistently vetting all inbound publisher opportunities, meeting weekly publisher outreach and phone meeting goals, as well as weekly recruitment and revenue goals. They are regularly bringing relevant new publisher opportunities to the team and ensuring that AP is on the forefront of affiliate publisher / partner models.
By 1 year… the Affiliate Publisher Development Manager has created reporting and recruitment process efficiencies and best practices. They are regularly identifying opportunities that genuinely move the needle. They are working with publishers and the AP team to develop new tactics to activate publishers and generate revenue in order to exceed yearly goals. They have successfully identified and driven the activation of non-traditional publisher types, and integrated new publisher types into the overall AP publisher development process.
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- Is a natural matchmaker and passionate about creating opportunities for people and partners through any means (e.g. lunches, calls, travel, socializing)
- Enjoys developing and making pitches for new business
- Has strong aptitude for identifying digital strategies based on publisher business models
- Is a self-starter and will go after different opportunities, big and small
- Quickly develops new relationships
- Knows how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment and is comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
- Can keep deadlines and commitments and is accountable to your work
- Only provides superior results for your team, and ultimately, your clients
- Has confidence, poise, and eloquence in difficult situations
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own
Minimum qualifications & skills:
- 2-5 years of experience cultivating relationships with publishers in a similar role within a network, agency, or in-house position
- Strong track record of building relationships with publishers and retailers in several verticals
- Extensive knowledge of the affiliate marketing landscape
- Proven excellence in exceeding revenue goals
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Affiliate Networks (ShareASale, Commission Junction, etc.) a plus
- Public Relations, Sales, and/or Business Development experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel up to 20%
The Publisher Development Manager is a remote position as are all positions at Acceleration Partners. This structure is central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm. This is a work from home position, however, candidates must reside within reasonable driving distance of one of our hub cities: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Santa Barbara/Los Angeles. Some travel is required, for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.