The role of the Affiliate Services, Senior Manager is to oversee the operations of the Account team and a portfolio of advertiser accounts. The Senior Manager is responsible for providing overall strategic guidance for the client’s affiliate program. This individual is also responsible for leading and training a team of associates to effectively consult and offer guidance to their clients on budgets, campaign management, publisher recruitment, and strategic execution, while implementing new innovative tactics to help grow their business. The individual will also be tasked with driving new product adoption, up sells and renewals for their portfolio.
- Ownership of the Affiliate service offering including development and selling of affiliate engagements that include analysis, development of affiliate strategies, consulting and executing affiliate tactics, as well as development of training programs
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, process and team management
- Analyze all reporting/data to evaluate client and publisher segment performance, and determine areas of opportunity and risk
- Understand affiliate industry, publisher segments, technological requirements, and affiliate tactics (publisher recruitment, activation, optimization etc.)
- Provide affiliate program recommendations and new product opportunities
- Develop test plans and recommendations that drive learning and optimization
- Draw insight from program results and ensure dialogue with client and internal team on informed strategic implications
- Ensures ongoing program optimization is executed by client, provides affiliate recruitment best practices, and recommends promotion strategy and other unique opportunities
- Responsible for providing monthly client reporting, preparing quarterly business reviews and leading client meetings
- Sets division goals and benchmarks for success
- Present to and educate clients on Affiliate principles, tactics and strategies on varying levels based on client knowledge and needs
- Responsible for overall client satisfaction and retention and renewals
- Travel to onsite client meetings and reviews, and industry events
- Assist with employee growth and development
- Monitor executions of teams; providing leadership, ongoing feedback, effective motivation, training of staff members
- Stay informed of industry changes, and educate employees and clients by documenting and sharing pertinent industry information
- Ability to think outside of the box and develop recommendations for optimization efforts based on client-specific objectives and other responsibilities as needed
- Work collaboratively with Publisher Development to keep informed about new and existing publisher sites, emerging models and areas of risk
- Assist with sales Enablement, sales collateral/proposal assistance, contract review and negotiation, affiliate best practices and recommendations
- Advises clients on budget management and forecasting best practices
- 6-10 years of overall marketing experience, preferably in the digital marketing space
- 2+ years management experience
- Applicants must have 3 years of affiliate marketing experience
- Successful track record of managing client relationships and engagements
- Significant experience in a service, delivery and/or customer focused organization is required.
- Strong communication, teamwork and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced organization
Pepperjam. We are performance marketers who give our clients the resources and confidence needed to promote their brand and grow their business, all while displaying the highest standards in the industry. With products and services supported by decades of commerce experience, and the largest affiliate network in the world, we connect data and analytics across all performance channels and devices to generate creative solutions. This enables us to match consumers with the brands and products they love, marketers with the results they need, and influencers with the credit they deserve.
Pepperjam is a global provider with offices in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia.