The RingCentral environment is fast paced, high octane, success driven, team oriented and committed to growing the business in a virtually untapped market. Do you have the ability to thrive in start up environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
The Sr. Marketing Manager (or Director, depending on experience), SEO owns RingCentral’s global SEO program. This position is designed for a leader who can execute all that is necessary to drive true organic rankings, traffic and revenue. He/She will develop the organic search strategy, prioritize and lead major SEO projects and manage a robust and seasoned SEO team. He/She will be responsible for the coordination between SEO and product marketing, PPC, affiliate, web development, creative, PR, social media teams.
The ideal candidate is a strong organic search professional with knowledge and background in technical SEO, customer-centric content strategy, SEO analytics, and management and is accustomed to working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and results-oriented environment. He/She must have a strong background in driving results in rankings and traffic through 100% white-hat methods, and they must have an advanced knowledge in conversion rate optimization.
- Develop a fluid, holistic SEO strategy for continued growth (including content, site architecture, link-building and keyword selection/utilization); adhere to SEO best practices and direct initiatives to align with that strategy and achieve lead, acquisition and revenue goals.
- Manage SEO staff, which includes two managers and a team lead to supervise the three departments of the SEO program: content optimization, technical SEO and SEO analytics. Note: The technical SEO team is responsible for managing projects such as site migrations, addressing errors and redirect chains, managing sitemaps, and reviewing backlinks and addressing them if they are low-quality.
- Prioritize SEO initiatives based on revenue impact as well as the needs and resources of other teams that will be affected or needed for implementation.
- Guide writers to align content with the corporate and product strategy as well as the needs of SEO.
- Supervise the design of pages important to SEO and ensure their ability to convert visitors to leads or acquisitions.
- Ensure all new web pages, changes in content and changes in code are audited for SEO in a timely manner.
- Offer regular workshops and meetings to train subdomain owners and other stakeholders in how to prevent errors and penalties and how to develop content that aligns with what prospects are searching for.
- Develop and monitor the reports needed to make adjustments to strategy and projects before problems develop.
- Build business cases for SEO initiatives with detailed traffic and revenue projections and present to management.
- Analyze data and draw insights that can help pinpoint areas of improvement and optimization.
- Oversee the development team for the blog.
- Monitor SEO trends and industry news.
- At least 5 years of management experience, and 5 years of SEO experience, with direct ownership for a complex program with multiple stakeholders, multiple products, country-specific web properties, ecommerce and lead generation.
- Familiar with website systems, architectures, languages and platforms including LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP), .NET, ASP, Java, JSP, etc. A background that includes website development is a plus.
- A strong grasp on overall global marketing strategy and how an SEO program can align with it, including how to manage an SEO program in foreign languages.
- A thorough understanding of Google Search Console and JIRA. Experience with Google Analytics, Business Intelligence, Salesforce, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Analytics, Brightedge, Searchmetrics and Google penalty removal is a plus.
- Knowledge of “black hat” SEO or other techniques that might damage customer success (so that we can prevent doing it).
- Strong communication skills: verbal/public speaking, written, presentations, websites.
- Exceptional attention to detail with code, text and data.
- Strategic, creative and business minded individual.
- Results oriented with the proven ability to deliver on time and on budget.
- Geek out on Excel and are fond of functions, vlookups, & pivot tables.
- SEO forecasting for traffic, leads and revenue.
- Bachelors’ degree in marketing, communication or journalism. MBA is a plus.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) provides cloud computing based business phone systems designed for today's mobile and distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communication for modern, flexible business environments. RingCentral is headquartered in San Mateo Belmont, California.
RingCentral is an EEOC employer.